Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ghostly Happenings of the Believed

These three events are true, with only the names of the not-so-innocent changed. I've repeatedly said that the most convincing evidence for "ghosts" (at least to yourself) is when someone else is involved and experiences the same thing. Since returning to the house on Pike, I've had three incidents each involving a different person. They will briefly be outline below, and their authenticity is marked by them not being over-dramatized; they're not really that entertaining. 

The first one involved the remote keypad for my automobile. While watching a film in the front room downstairs with my girlfriend at the time, Nina. Don't remember the film, but it was boring and we started fooling around. It was nighttime, and in mid-action a long, yellow light went across the ceiling. She, being on her back, noticed it first. She brought it to my attention, and then I noticed it as well. I eventually realized it was a yellow light coming in from the tops of the curtains. They were closed, but they stuck out about three inches from the windows around the curtain rods. I got up, went to look out the window, and noticed it was my car lights flashing, just like when someone locks them from the remote keypad. My neighbor, Jorge, was outside and kept staring at my car, probably assuming someone was sitting on the keypad. However, it was sitting on the table and I assume maybe the button was stuck. I went to check it, but the keys were find. The lights stopped. It freaked Nina out a great deal, but I assured her, someone else in the neighborhood had a similar car and it could potentially be them having the same code programmed. I called the dealership where I purchased my vehicle and they informed me that the keypads were programmed at a separate facility and that it would be impossible for someone to have the same code as me, since it's deleted out of the database upon being programmed in order to eliminate duplicates, and even if that step had been skipped, it would still be extremely unlikely, since the cars go all over the country from the same facility. He suggested it might be an electrical short somewhere and that I should bring the vehicle in. Being as I wasn't about to waste money for them to pretend they found something, I didn't. The incident never happened again, so I chalked it up to solar flares. 

The second one involved the hallway light. It's a two-way switch, nothing fancy, but it's wired wrong and when you turn it off upstairs, you can't turn it on downstairs, and vice-versa. This time we were upstairs in the front bedroom, Pinta and I. The lights were out, except for the one in the hall, and we were laying in bed, ironically watching a film with ghosts as a plot. About midway through, I decided it was time to fool around. The film was not boring, but I'm a man with priorities. We heard a clicking noise in the hallway and the light went out. She looked at me and I gave her a spooked look, before smiling and telling her the hallway light had blown and that I would change it after the film. After the film, I walked in the hallway and for once remembered to flick the light switch to the off position in order to not be blinded when I changed the bulb. Only problem was the light came on instead, which means it had to have been turned off at that switch. Apparently that wasn't the first time that had happened. Years earlier when my sister moved in with my parents there, the light in the bedroom we were in at the time apparently was turned off at the switch. Still, that was a first time for me and it has since not happened again, so I chalked it up to escape convicts breaking in the house, silently climbing the stairs, and turning the light off, only to escape back down the steps quietly and go back to their cells before being reported. 

The third involved a mysterious alarm that filled the entire house. I have a confession to make; the only alarm I use is a .38 Special revolver. It works by knocking you to the ground in agonizing pain upon illegal entry into my home. Well, one evening we were in the front bedroom again. This time it was me and Santa Maria. She had a long day at work and I convinced her to take her shirt off and let me give her a back rub. Mid-rub, this loud, constant, and annoying ringing noise lets out. Having recently installed a water heater, I assumed maybe something was on fire and I better investigate. I ran into the living room, where the noise was loud, but can't find anything. The kitchen was not as loud, but I decided to go downstairs and check the hot water heater and see if maybe something in the house has an alarm that I'm not aware of. Nothing. Back upstairs into the living room, where I was almost certain the noise was coming from, I wondered if it wasn't actually coming from next door and Jorge's new alarm was bad ass, but then the noise started to die down some and in the corner, amidst a bunch of my nephew's old toys was this small, kid-friendly metal-detector. I picked it up and sure enough, that's what was making the noise.  I turned it off. Here's where it's weird. I was shocked the batteries in the damn thing even still worked, since no one had lived in the house for a few years and who knew how long ti had been used before then? What was peculiar, was that when you turn the switch all the way up, it basically is so sensitive it detects itself. That's the setting it was on. What was stranger was that in order to get the settings that high, you had to flick the switch three times. Plain and simple, the thing was turned on, by something. 

Those were the three events that made me throw my hands up in the air and give up skepticism. As a learned man, I can no longer pretend I have the answers if things like that will keep happening. Notice the events I have reported do not have talking spirits, or some strange quest to find buried treasure in my back yard?

Blog Archive

Keywords

13 1984 200 2012 2013 2014 300 4G 9/11 911 Abercrombie abortion Abraham Lincoln addiction adoption Affleck AIDS Alec Alex Trebek Algeria. alive Amazon american express... well Amy Grant Android Andy Griffith Angelina Jolie Angry Birds Annoyances App Arabic Armstrong Arnold Arnold Schwarzenegger Aron Ralston Asia assault Australia bacon Bahamas Baldur's Gate Baldwin banished baseball beans Belgium Ben Ben Affleck Benjamin Wade Bible bidet Billy Corgan birthday Black Sabbath Black Sunday blank blind Blu-Ray Blue Oyster Cult Bob Marley Book books Bowser Brad Pitt braille Brazil brendan hood Brett Michaels Bruce Willis Bullet with Butterfly Wings calculus California Canada cancer Captain Ahab card Caribbean Carl Weathers Cat in the hat cellar cellphone cellular Challenge Challenger Charles S. Dutton Che Guevara Chevy Chick-fil-a China Christianity Christmas Chrome chronotype Chuck E. Cheese Cincinnati Cincinnati Bengals cleveland Colgate comedy communication Cookbook Corey Hart credit Crest Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease Cypress Hill Dan Severn Danny DeVito danzig Dave Brockie david icke DC death debit Dell democracy Denmark Dennis Quaid Denzel Washington Dew Claw Die Ding DNA dog dollar Dolph Lundgren Doomsday Dr. Oz dr. seuss drive duck dynasty Dungeons and Dragons eHow Elbert Hubbard English Etsy Eva Mendes farewell fat Father's Day feminism feminist fields Fierce film finals Finland Firefox Fish Fitch flashback food Ford Ford Bronco Foreign Forrest Gump freaky friday Friday the 13th FU game gay gay marriage George Clooney German Germany Ghost Hunters ghosts Glenn Danzig God Google Greece groucho marx guardians of the galaxy Günther GWAR hail Hallmark Harrison harry potter hate Haunted heaven Hell Heracles hero heroes high-end advertisers Hindu Hippo Hispanic history hogwart horoscope horror House of Leaves Houston how the grinch stole christmas Hunter S. Thompson I think I'm cool ID India indians infernal insanis Insanislupus Internet Explorer Japan Jeopardy Jesus Joe Johnny Cash Joseph joy Judaism Judas Judy Garland Keanu Reeves Ken Shamrock Kentucky Kevin Bacon Kevin Matthews Kevin Sorbo kids Kill Kruger Lance Language lard Last Supper Latin Latino latte Lawrence Legion Limbaugh Lion Loki Lomax love LSD Lucy Lawless lupercalia lupus macy's mad magazine Magnum P.I. Insanis Mars Mary Marylin Monroe mastercard Mayan mayeb not american express. McDonald's Meatballs Media Monday memorial Metallica Microsoft Milton Mitt Mobile monday monster Moon Moon Monday Morgan Freeman Morse Code Mother's Day motor Movie movie monday MSInfo multimedia Monday murder music music monday Myspace Napster Neil Nelson Mandela new york News Night Watch Norse Norwegian Black Metal notre dame Oakley Obama October Olympics one organ donor owl Packard Bell Paul Paul Ryan Paul Templer Paul Walker peace PETA pharmacy phone pig pit bull Pittsburgh Penguins poetry Politics poverty Powerball President quote rack Rainbow random rat Ray-Ban Read reddit reggae religion Republican Revelations review richwood rob zombie Rocky Rolling Stone Romney Royce Gracie Rush Russia Russian Ryan Ryan Gosling Safari Saint Matthew Salma Hayek santa Satan saturday Schwarzenneger science science sunday Seagate sex Slayer Smashing Pumpkins Sonic Soul Temple South Africa Spanish stake land Stanley Cup star Starbucks Steve Guttenberg stop sign study suicide sunday sunglasses supernatural supernatural Saturday Sweden Swedish Sweetest Day Sword in the Stone Sylvester Stallone T. Rex taxes Terminator Texas thankful thanksgiving The Book of Five Rings The Catcher in the Rye the Grapes of Wrath They (2002) Tiger Direct Tom Tom hanks Tour de France Toys ‘R’ Us traffic Turkey TV Tyrese Gibson UCI UFC UK US USADA USDA Utah Valentine's Day vampire Venezuela Vevo Vice video Vince Gill vinyl visa vodka voting Wailers Wal-Mart Washington water fountain weather wednesday Western Digital Western Sky Western Union wiki wiki wednesday Wikipedia William Fowler Willie wine wizard wolves Youtube Zimbabwe