Saturday, May 10, 2014

Apparitional Experiences Part 2

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away...
- Hughes Mearns (The Guy With 2 Last Names)


Just a simple set of dark wooden stairs against white risers, they go up to a landing, turn, and go up another shorter set of stairs to the second floor. That’s the first thing you see when you enter the front door. Most people don’t pay attention to the adjacent bathroom not-so-hidden beneath the second set sitting to the right. There’s no window on the landing, so you either get the light from the fixture above, or from the window on the next floor, or none at all towards evening. Regardless, everyone looks up them as soon as they enter. “Sensitives” often inquire about what happened there, and my usual response is, “You tell me.” I don’t know if anything ever actually happened on that landing and probably never will. It appears they may have once been a window there, but it is nefariously sealed up and painted over! Just kidding. The house next door was built up against mine, so I assume that’s why. I’m not going to talk about how we found a footprint in the drywall dust on the upstairs landing, the hallway light being turned off by itself, or about the time something came across and tried to force itself into my sister’s bedroom, since I’ve already covered them. But we have animals getting bent out of shape, pennies being dropped, and full-sized apparitions walking up and down them.
I don’t think it really started or stopped at any given time. I think it had always happened but we just never paid much attention to it. It usually happened at night. You would hear a penny hit the linoleum, as if it had been dropped. Only no one was in the hallway. You would hear that on a regular basis. We always assumed it was the cat, but then she died. It continued, when all of our other animals were accounted for. When I moved back into the house, we swept the stairs and found a few dozen pennies on them. A few nights later we found a few more. I had been living off of credit cards and hadn’t been using money in any physical form, yet they continued to appear. Sure, maybe it is mice with copper fetishes, unaware that pennies don’t contain much copper at all. Stupid mice. The dates on the pennies don’t seem to have any significance.
When I was younger I saw a bearded man dressed in flannel walk out of the bathroom and up the stairs. He was not accompanied by any sounds and it happened so fast while I was in the living room watching TV, so I assumed I hallucinated. A few months later my mother reported seeing the same man in the kitchen, so I related my story. On more than one occasion, we have all heard someone heavy going up the stairs, all the way to the third floor. The first step to the attic lets out  aloud squeak when you step on it, so we know they made it that far. My mother mistakenly thought it was me, before realizing I walk light. I heard this myself twice, accompanied by an odd jangling noise, which I assumed was my uncle’s biker jacket, but I was of course wrong. It may have been the ghost of Hipster’s past, since we did have a lot of records up there.
But the thing that has always bothered me the most was the feeling that someone is right behind you when you walk down them. I remember as a kid, running as fast as I could downstairs. It may have just been the fear of the unknown at the time, based upon odd experienced I had earlier, but as late as my teen years, I remember being bothered by it. When my nephew lived in the house for a couple of years, he did the same thing, running to get to the bottom because he felt like someone was behind him. We had a poorly engineered two-way lighting circuit, one that you had to turn on wherever you turned it off. When you went to bed late at night, you climbed the stairs to your bedroom, turned the light off, went to bed. In the morning, since there was so much daylight, you forgot the light was off, so didn’t turn it back on. Later that night, you had the unfortunate task of walking up the stairs in darkness. The attic was set up the same way, but it wasn’t creepy. When I moved back in, I noticed I still had that same apprehension when going up them, but coming down, I decided I was too damn old to be worried about some monster getting me and just walked at a regular pace, but on occasion those hairs still stand up on the back of your neck. Of note, it was brought to my attention that improperly installed two-way circuits can give off high EMF readings, which in theory can give you strange feelings. While the EMF reading off the circuit is indeed almost double or triple the normal, the circuit has been turned off for the past month, due to an electrical short, and people still continue to look up the stairs, have weird feelings like someone is behind you, and get attacked by a ghostly lumberjack.


Next we explore Gertrude’s room. 

Blog Archive

Keywords

13 1984 200 2012 2013 2014 300 4G 9/11 911 Abercrombie abortion Abraham Lincoln addiction adoption Affleck AIDS Alec Alex Trebek Algeria. alive Amazon american express... well Amy Grant Android Andy Griffith Angelina Jolie Angry Birds Annoyances App Arabic Armstrong Arnold Arnold Schwarzenegger Aron Ralston Asia assault Australia bacon Bahamas Baldur's Gate Baldwin banished baseball beans Belgium Ben Ben Affleck Benjamin Wade Bible bidet Billy Corgan birthday Black Sabbath Black Sunday blank blind Blu-Ray Blue Oyster Cult Bob Marley Book books Bowser Brad Pitt braille Brazil brendan hood Brett Michaels Bruce Willis Bullet with Butterfly Wings calculus California Canada cancer Captain Ahab card Caribbean Carl Weathers Cat in the hat cellar cellphone cellular Challenge Challenger Charles S. Dutton Che Guevara Chevy Chick-fil-a China Christianity Christmas Chrome chronotype Chuck E. Cheese Cincinnati Cincinnati Bengals cleveland Colgate comedy communication Cookbook Corey Hart credit Crest Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease Cypress Hill Dan Severn Danny DeVito danzig Dave Brockie david icke DC death debit Dell democracy Denmark Dennis Quaid Denzel Washington Dew Claw Die Ding DNA dog dollar Dolph Lundgren Doomsday Dr. Oz dr. seuss drive duck dynasty Dungeons and Dragons eHow Elbert Hubbard English Etsy Eva Mendes farewell fat Father's Day feminism feminist fields Fierce film finals Finland Firefox Fish Fitch flashback food Ford Ford Bronco Foreign Forrest Gump freaky friday Friday the 13th FU game gay gay marriage George Clooney German Germany Ghost Hunters ghosts Glenn Danzig God Google Greece groucho marx guardians of the galaxy Günther GWAR hail Hallmark Harrison harry potter hate Haunted heaven Hell Heracles hero heroes high-end advertisers Hindu Hippo Hispanic history hogwart horoscope horror House of Leaves Houston how the grinch stole christmas Hunter S. Thompson I think I'm cool ID India indians infernal insanis Insanislupus Internet Explorer Japan Jeopardy Jesus Joe Johnny Cash Joseph joy Judaism Judas Judy Garland Keanu Reeves Ken Shamrock Kentucky Kevin Bacon Kevin Matthews Kevin Sorbo kids Kill Kruger Lance Language lard Last Supper Latin Latino latte Lawrence Legion Limbaugh Lion Loki Lomax love LSD Lucy Lawless lupercalia lupus macy's mad magazine Magnum P.I. Insanis Mars Mary Marylin Monroe mastercard Mayan mayeb not american express. McDonald's Meatballs Media Monday memorial Metallica Microsoft Milton Mitt Mobile monday monster Moon Moon Monday Morgan Freeman Morse Code Mother's Day motor Movie movie monday MSInfo multimedia Monday murder music music monday Myspace Napster Neil Nelson Mandela new york News Night Watch Norse Norwegian Black Metal notre dame Oakley Obama October Olympics one organ donor owl Packard Bell Paul Paul Ryan Paul Templer Paul Walker peace PETA pharmacy phone pig pit bull Pittsburgh Penguins poetry Politics poverty Powerball President quote rack Rainbow random rat Ray-Ban Read reddit reggae religion Republican Revelations review richwood rob zombie Rocky Rolling Stone Romney Royce Gracie Rush Russia Russian Ryan Ryan Gosling Safari Saint Matthew Salma Hayek santa Satan saturday Schwarzenneger science science sunday Seagate sex Slayer Smashing Pumpkins Sonic Soul Temple South Africa Spanish stake land Stanley Cup star Starbucks Steve Guttenberg stop sign study suicide sunday sunglasses supernatural supernatural Saturday Sweden Swedish Sweetest Day Sword in the Stone Sylvester Stallone T. Rex taxes Terminator Texas thankful thanksgiving The Book of Five Rings The Catcher in the Rye the Grapes of Wrath They (2002) Tiger Direct Tom Tom hanks Tour de France Toys ‘R’ Us traffic Turkey TV Tyrese Gibson UCI UFC UK US USADA USDA Utah Valentine's Day vampire Venezuela Vevo Vice video Vince Gill vinyl visa vodka voting Wailers Wal-Mart Washington water fountain weather wednesday Western Digital Western Sky Western Union wiki wiki wednesday Wikipedia William Fowler Willie wine wizard wolves Youtube Zimbabwe